I like books and music. I love to take pictures and doodle on the corner of my papers. I love to smile. I think there is a quote for every single occassion, so expect a lot of them. Until you get to know me, I'm closed off and come off as a little rude, but it's only because I'm shy. Sarcasm is my second language. I have a problem with word vomit and sometimes say things that are better left in my head. I'm a little stubborn and will happily shy away from arguing with people. I don't judge anyone and will think the best of a person, until they prove me otherwise. I'm willing to give everyone a shot. I'm very passionate about To Write Love On Her Arms, because I believe it is a truly amazing organization. There are five girls who are like my sisters. Be jealous :) I'm also mildly obsessed with Harry Potter. And by mildly...I mean a lot. My love for the books and movies (and the Weasley's) is quite possibly a little irrational, but that's okay by me.
"1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
ive been meaning to make work-related comics forever, so enjoy some choice movie title bastardizations.
(these all actually, seriously, happened, with no humor or awareness on the part of the customer at the time as far as I could tell. so, yes, someone actually asked for a ticket to “Detergent” with a straight face.)
why is it that when dylan sprouse and calum hood had nudes leaked everyone praised how well they handled it and attacked those who leaked them, but when over 50 female celebrities have nudes leaked, the hacker responsible is called a ‘hero’ and the victims are called ‘sluts’ and ‘whores’
i know why
tv show meme: [5/5] male characters | eleventh doctor
"There’s something you’d better understand about me ‘cause it’s important. And one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box."
Found this in a bathroom at my college. A lot of guys had eating disorders in football and wrestling at my school and even in the rec league. I remember guys taking laxatives before weigh ins even.
Male eating disorder awareness ~
Wrestling is infamous for that kind of shit. It’s one of the reasons my brother left the sport— his coaches were ENCOURAGING him to engage in unsafe behavior.
I’ve seen a lot of it the other way round, especially in rugby, I know several men who were encouraged to go to unsafe measures to gain weight.
Yes. ^^^ The masculinization of eating disorders. I knew some wrestling guys back in high school - it became this competition as to who could lose then keep of their weight the best. The guys would have competitions to see who could go the longest without eating, and if you lost, of course, you were a “pussy”
Thankfully a suspension went on while they reviewed these practices that were of course encouraged by the coaches.
Almost every wrestler I’ve met has engaged in ridiculously dangerous behavior at the encouragement of their coaches and even their own parents. My cousin would do unsafe amounts of exercise and then barely eat or only eat baby food as he dropped weight at alarming rates. But no one ever acknowledges these behaviors as being dangerous because it’s “for a sport”. We need to put an end to this.